LASIK surgery is now the most widely used laser therapy to correct any vision problems. If you are tired of wearing glasses or contact lenses, there are some very good reasons to consider LASIK eye surgery. Over 100,000 people every year are benefitting from the surgery, and it may be the right thing for you. Here are five major benefits of LASIK surgery in Charlotte, NC:
- For those who have had the procedure, roughly 95 percent achieved 20/40 vision while 85 percent returned to 20/20 vision.
- After the procedure, your eyes will take some time to adjust, but when they do adjust, the results should be permanent. If your eyesight changes as you age, follow-up procedures may be required.
- Another advantage of LASIK surgery is the procedure involves very little discomfort and you will not have to deal with stitches and bandages.
- The recovery time is quick and most patients will no longer need eyeglasses. After your surgery, someone should drive you home, but most patients can resume their daily activities within hours or days.
- For those who are tired of the hassle of dealing with contact lenses and glasses, by opting for a simple LASIK surgery for both eyes, they will be immediately free from lenses and glasses and may enjoy incredibly clear vision.
LASIK surgery involves the eye surgeon reshaping the cornea to correct the vision. The changes that are made on the cornea cannot be reversed. Any corrections that could be needed can only be done by additional LASIK procedures. This is why it is important to choose an experienced surgeon in Charlotte, NC.
Before you have your LASIK procedure at Carolinas Eye Center & Med Spa, you will meet with our team. Your medical history will be evaluated and your eyes will be tested. From there, we can determine if LASIK surgery is right for you. This is also the time to ask our expert any questions you may have about the details of the procedure, including the recovery and the expected results. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation at our office in Charlotte, NC.